10. Michael Malarkey
Full Name: Michael Malarkey
Born: June 21, 1983
Born Place: Beirut, Lebanon
Nationality: American/British Dual Citizen
Occupation: Actor (film, television, theatre), singer
- Plays guitar and sings.
- Has lived in London since 2006.
- Studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Born in Beirut, Lebanon but raised in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
- His father is Irish-American and his mother is English with Arab/Italian origin.
- Malarkey had his beginnings on the London stage appearing in various theatre productions like Spring Storm, Beyond the Horizon and adaptations of The Great Gatsby in the role of Jay Gatsby and in the musical Million Dollar Quartet in the role of singer Elvis Presley.
- He wrote an EP: "Feed the Flames" (own composition / vocals).
- One of his first jobs was at an independent record store called Dingleberry's: "After graduating high school, I worked there and played in bands for about 5 years".
- Before he became an actor, he was the screamer in a hardcore band called Shadyside.
- He's a country boy at heart.
- He's married with Nadine Lewington since 2009.
- His wife is older than him (he - 31, she - 34).
- They have a new born child named Marlon.
- His wife is an actress.
- When he was asked what advice he’d give his 18-year-old self, he said: “Chill out! It ain’t that bad, man.” I was such a little dweeb back then.
- There Are Many Reasons Why He Loves Being Dad to Son Marlon, But This is No. 1 Experiencing life through his eyes and seeing the world that way. You can’t help but have a more optimistic attitude about life when you see a child growing up.
- Michael is playing Enzo in "The Vampire Diaries" and this is the role for which he became known.
- He enjoy playing a vampire: "it was on my bucket list"